2023-08-31 Agenda


Start Date: 31-08-2023
Present: treasurer, sysadmin, events, helpdesk, secretary, sysadmin, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, sysadmin, events, ordinary-member, webmaster
Absent: ordinary-member
Excused: gdo
Late:


Person Year
chair 4th
sysadmin 4th
webmaster 4th
helpdesk 4th
events 4th
treasurer 3rd
gdo 3rd
events 3rd
ordinary-member 2nd
sysadmin 3rd
sysadmin 2nd
vice-chair 2nd
helpdesk 2nd
secretary 2nd
ordinary-member 2nd

Agenda:

  • Events
    • Let’s talk about it
    • Stripe
    • Hubspot
  • Common room
    • Committee election
  • Orientation
    • Coordinate with engineering
  • C&S fair
  • C&S panel unlock
  • Check previous Minutes

AOB:


Minutes:

Started at 19:06
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Admin update:

    • Events update:

      • provisional event plan on discord
      • hubspot event is provisinal
      • arista, mastercard are more certain
      • intro to redbrick talk (normally done same week as fair)
      • c&s fair, week 2, wednesday 20th and thursday 21th
      • have events when most people are on campus
      • intro to rb after orientation for 1st years (thursday evening, after c&s fair)
      • or week after (early in the week to get people in)
      • backup events: talks (discord bot, etc)
      • stripe potential event (also can fill in somewhere)
      • can change regular events for company events (saves money)
      • 2 events in 1 week is possible, but would need extra people
      • sysadmin has contact in arista and hubspot
      • hubspot contact - zara - galstem
      • hubspot emails - sysadmin to forward
    • Treasurer update:

    • HelpDesk update:

    • Webmaster update:

    • PRO Update:

    • GDO update:

    • First Year Rep Update:

    • Ordinary Member Update:

    • Vice Chair Update:

    • Chair Update:

  • Points of Discusion:

    • Common room

      • common room committee
      • nominations: events, vice-chair
      • decided: events and vice-chair
      • need to replace key, guy in dcu to get keys replaced
      • magic room (cmt), around 20-30 regular keycards
      • bring back old cards
      • sysadmin has keycard guy’s email
      • email proof that you are on committee needed (all cmt members for magic room)
    • Orientation

      • collab with Engineering soc
      • brining students around the place (show them rooms, etc)
      • date: 21st, 22nd, 9:00 - 4:00
      • nominations: (discord)
      • chair has server room key
    • C&S Panel

      • c&s rejected doc, version wrong
      • waiting to hear back from email
      • going to resubmit (sysadmin wants to look first)
      • when panel unlocked, can sign up for cmt
    • Bank Stuff

      • need to add signatories to bank
      • leaving this year as chair and sysadmin
      • adding treasurer to bank
      • need to pay sistem
  • Action Items:

    • ALL: - c&s fair, put times you can attend in discord (1 hour slots)
    • ALL - request google drive access with dcu account if you don’t already have it
    • ALL - return common room keycards
    • treasurer, chair, sysadmin - organise treasurer call
    • treasurer, chair, sysadmin - pay sistem money
    • treasurer, chair, sysadmin - add signatories to bank
    • sysadmin - forward company contacts to events
    • events - plan intro to redbrick talk
    • sysadmin - look over c&s doc before chair submits
    • helpdesk - start looking at slides for hackerclub
  • AOB:

    • sysadmin has rb credit card

    • up to discussion who has it (chair, tresurer, etc)

    • keep everyone informed about bank stuff

    • our card just had redbrick, not name (need to be very careful)

    • secret pin

    • nominations: chair,

    • card will live with chair

    • can just pay with cc number

    • hackers movie needed 2nd sem

    • Helpdesk, start looking into slides

    • sysadmin has template for hackerclub (and ideas for it)

    • if you are confused about something that happened last year, contact sysadmin (mainly for events and treasurer)

    • arrange seperate call with chair, sysadmin, treasurer

    • gdo both pro and gdo (up until egm)

    • pints on monday

    • 80s/90s night in nubar €2

    • no nixos in meetings

    • redbrick calender for events (ordinary members)

    • next meeting prob 1st week in semester



2023-09-18 Agenda


Start Date: 18-09-2023
Present: treasurer, sysadmin, helpdesk, secretary, sysadmin, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, events, webmaster
Absent:
Excused: gdo, ordinary-member, sysadmin
Late:


Person Year
chair 4th
sysadmin 4th
webmaster 4th
helpdesk 4th
events 4th
treasurer 3rd
gdo 3rd
sysadmin 3rd
sysadmin 2nd
vice-chair 2nd
helpdesk 2nd
secretary 2nd
ordinary-member 2nd

Agenda:

  • Check previous Minutes
  • Formalities
    • Welcome back
  • C&S fair
    • Plan, allocate times
  • Intro to RB talk
  • Budget deadline 22nd September
  • Committee panel signup
  • Photo upload for committee section on site
  • 25th Photos
  • Events
    • Arista (2 Dates)
    • Hubspot
  • Email to blott or similar for talk to first years

AOB:

  • Hoodie Discussion
  • Trinity CS ball
  • DCU Drama website
  • HAPPY MONDAY

Minutes:

Started at 18:08
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • ordinary-member and events resigned
    • Admin update:

      • Did stuff
      • Waiting to give sysadmin root account
      • Website fixed
      • get sysadmin on hardcase
      • admin roadmap to happen (rough idea)
      • need to find guy’s student number on ldap
      • nubar evening setting up wiki (all history needed on wiki)
      • database dump might exist (go look for it)
    • Events update:

    • Treasurer update:

    • HelpDesk update:

    • Webmaster update:

    • PRO Update:

    • GDO update:

    • First Year Rep Update:

    • Ordinary Member Update:

    • Vice Chair Update:

  • Points of Discusion:

    • C&S Fair

      • Wed and thurs this week
      • Tables available from 9am, first come first served
      • depending on weather
      • rpi 400 for sign in
      • short on stickers
      • Give out stickers at meet rb
      • for cmt, scanner demo, setup etc
      • time: 10-4
      • people available: events, sysadmin, treasurer, helpdesk, chair
    • Wed event

      • L114, into to rb (helpdesk and helpdesk)
      • reinburse engineering soc at a later date
      • mafia night wed
      • order food with society card (chair) - will be there
      • event plan not submitted, don’t need to reserve room
      • previous event documents can be pulled from c&s
      • meet and greet, mafia night this week
      • intro to rb talk next week
      • push event to 3pm (allow for overlap of availability)
    • Orientation

      • treasurer doing orientation on Thursday
    • Budget Deadline

      • aimed at sysadmin
      • difficult outside those times
      • form in cmt announcment for submissions
      • upload by 22nd, cns by 29th
      • sysadmin sent off emails to ryanair and 2 hostels in fosdem
      • will forward to treasurer
      • malavike double check budget with chair
    • Photo upload

      • Send photo into google drive if you havent already (website folder with other pictures)
      • 25th photos - sysadmin
    • Arista event

      • 1 date
      • paying for food and drinks for compition
      • One event on the 15th of November
      • Arista coding comp
    • Hubspot

      • next week or 2
      • backdate pizza reciepts
      • 40 people per week for pizza
      • 1.5 per person
    • Blott (1st Year Talk)

      • advertise rb during 1st year lectures
      • blott’s sometimes monica
      • most attendence at blotts
      • 1st week ideal
      • not handing out stickers
      • chair happy to do it,
      • CA116 times: 10am, mon, 11am tue
      • Monday, 25th 12:00pm for talk SA-101 (monica), hackerclub straight after
      • chair, helpdesk, vice-chair (treasurer - standing)
    • Events

      • Hackerclub: Monday 1:30-3:00
      • Main event: Thursday 1:00-2:00
    • Stickers

      • Can’t go stickermule (troubled brand)
      • 1600 stickers needed
  • Action Items:

    • sysadmin - Look for barcode scanner in server room
    • chair to upload rpi script
    • gdo - Get stickers
    • helpdesk, helpdesk - into to rb slides
    • events - book event for next week while doing current one
    • sysadmin - Work on roadmap
    • Everyone - upload committee photo to google drive
    • Everyone - Submit stuff to budget by 22nd September
    • chair, helpdesk, vice-chair (treasurer - standing) - 1st year talk
    • events, sysadmin, treasurer, helpdesk, chair - C&S fair
    • Everyone - vote on poll
  • AOB:

    • Hoodies

      • sysadmin will handle them
      • Send google form in week 2 of first year time
      • secretary to include in newsletter that week
      • committee owed hoodie money
    • Tinity CS thing

      • potentially with ucd also
      • didn’t happen last year
      • eng soc and cs ball instead this year (committee poll going in announcments)
      • secretary to send poll later
    • Common Room

      • eng soc want 3rd committee member
      • new eng soc committee this year
      • eng soc wants to limit magic room access to 3 keys per society
      • should vote on that, decide what to say
      • events clare, keycard guy
      • should restrict common room access a bit
      • chair - magic room is a perk of the committee (interviews and stuff)
      • vice-chair to talk to engsoc about it (get the story)
    • DCU Drama Website

      • 1 to 1 replica of squarespace site hosted on redbrick
      • webmaster to work on it


2023-09-25 Agenda


Start Date: 25-09-2023
Present: treasurer, helpdesk, secretary, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, events, webmaster, gdo, sysadmin, sysadmin
Absent: ordinary-member
Excused: sysadmin
Late:


Person Year
chair 4th
sysadmin 4th
webmaster 4th
helpdesk 4th
events 4th
treasurer 3rd
gdo 3rd
sysadmin 3rd
sysadmin 2nd
vice-chair 2nd
helpdesk 2nd
secretary 2nd
ordinary-member 2nd

Agenda:

  • Check previous Minutes
  • Events
    • Confirm dates and times for this week’s events
      • 1st year drop in
      • Hackerclub
      • Main event
    • HubSpot - No talk this week
    • CS Ball Discussion - part 2: electric boogaloo
      • TUD have joined in, big event?
      • Are we in or out?
    • Pats C&S Fair
      • Are we attending?
  • Treasurer
    • Budget Google Form
    • bean bag chairs with eng soc
    • buget submission
    • eng soc receipts
    • sysadmin 7.20
  • Secretary
    • Put C&S sign up form link in this week’s newsleter or a seperate mail?
  • GDO
    • Updated dates and times on graphics
  • sysadmin
    • budget stuff 99% complete
      • need to add a usb ethernet adapter
    • people want websites, amikon etc.
    • registrations going pretty good
      • some problems with verification - brickbot etc.
    • Plans for new services? roadmap?

AOB:

  • Ray hoodie return
  • Keycard update
  • EGM Discusson
    • Role list
  • FOSDEM
  • Hoodies?
  • HubSpot event?
  • HAPPY MONDAY

Minutes:

Started at 18:09
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

    • Admin update:

      • budget basically done
      • sysadmin talk to chair about something (RAM?)
      • order what ram you got
      • usb ethernet adapter added
      • get 2 of them (Gigabit speeds)
      • AMS contacting sysadmin and helpdesk
      • Using github registry to get images from their repo
      • AMS will look into it
      • Building new website to react, want to move old to new
      • images can be made public but code private
      • sysadmin and helpdesk to talk after
      • Society Website: AMS (Just want hosting)
      • College view, the look, karting
      • create doc for websites
      • registrations: brickbot, going fine, using api
      • check inflight
      • new services, bitwarden, nextcloud, maybe fix mail with listmonk
      • need to do doc
      • mail generator (webmaster - if you want to improve)
    • Events update:

      • Event times

        • hackerclub, wednesday this week 3-4:30 l125
        • talk for hackerclub prepared, just cleaning up
        • welcome to hackerclub and welcome to redbrick as part of it
        • mostly committee at last week’s event
        • c&s fair went well, a lot of traffic
        • wide range of courses coming up to us
        • in charge of ordering pizzas - chair
        • pizza reciept from last week given to treasurer
        • 1st year talk tuesday - 12:00 - chair, vice-chair, treasurer, helpdesk, SA101
        • monica was emailed - all good
        • aI events, cc committee
        • dont use c&s address to cc committee
        • arista planned for 9th or 15th of november - double check
        • MAIN EVENT; How to redbrick
      • EGM

        • egm goal to get 1st years in
        • egm next week
      • This weeks event

        • Hubspot couldn’t do a talk this week (hubspot event next semester)

        • chair can do a talk, or someone else

        • swap sysadmin talk to this week?

        • chair says not to scare them

        • intro to rb - covers services

        • basic linux stuff, navigating pcs

        • drug wars for hackerclub? (azezel)

        • practicing ssh on redbrick

        • competing who creates the worst ui for reddit (too complicated for 1st years)

        • pushing that out maybe to 2nd semester

        • 1st years complaining about blott’s speed of linux commands

        • how to test code on einstein, setting up einstein script, cd, etc

        • gdo can do how to redbrick talk poster and Intro to hackerclub poster

        • hackerclub, wednesday 3-4:30pm (how to test your code on einstein)

        • use rb servers, do shell commands

        • main event 1-20 thursday

    • Treasurer update:

      • misscommuniton between sysadmin (codimd)

      • budged updated with it

      • not everything put in yet

      • submission for beanbag chairs, expensive 280 euro, possible split with engsoc?

      • not phasing out sofas, easy to clean

      • canva pro/ adobe (get it through other means)

      • stickers gone through

      • 28th budged submission

      • events outside dcu, seperate section

      • send quotes from last years sistem and fosdem

      • could have to pay for b us to move people somewhere else

      • easy to get to dublin

      • 600 for coach

      • prob wont need bus

      • get another quote for a onesided banner

      • things over €100, needs to submit 3 quotes to prove to c&s

      • engsoc treasurer has engsoc reciepts

      • we committed to paying half of the pizza

      • last weeks pizza secures

      • sysadmin owed 7.20 c&s fair printing

      • sysadmin has cash

      • siobhan signature wednesday

      • treasurer will be a signatory

      • statements orderd to c&s, 5 working days

      • next monday, get bank balance, what we owe for sistem 2023

    • HelpDesk update:

    • Webmaster update:

    • PRO Update:

    • GDO update:

      • hackerclub one updated already
      • nearly done how to redbrick
      • mastercard, dosen’t think someone will get in, find someone for week 5
      • need something for 22nd, sysadmin talk,
      • next semester for hubspot
      • arista week 9
      • sysadmin look thorugh event plan for compains
      • email natasha
      • sysadmin contact linkedin
    • First Year Rep Update:

    • Ordinary Member Update:

    • Vice Chair Update:

    • Secretary Update:

      • Seperate email for c&s sign up - send out after event on thursday
      • Add tracking pixel to newsleter (might not be feasable) - see when it’s opened
      • if you are adding stuff to agenda, add your username to it
  • Points of Discusion:

    • CS Ball

      • Everyone joined in

      • Nice to join, but very late to organising last year

      • Have a cut off point for doing it if we go for

      • they already started working on it

      • Participate, but don’t help organise

      • No hosting area yet

      • wanted to do convention centre last year (not organised well last year)

      • if they have a committee, some members can go on

      • contacted gdo directly, general query in redbrick

      • when said no, they changed committee (contact was trinity)

      • instagram dm

      • let’s wait it out, say we will take part but not helping out (discuss in events)

      • are they still using old discord server for it? - gdo -

      • no answer on above (assume it’s internal currenty)

      • treasurer met 2 committee people at hackathon had little faith from tud on c&s ball

      • sysadmin dm about discord server

      • provisionally in, but we not organising

      • Ball with eng soc, favourable as engsoc don’t hate us

      • sysadmin wants to organise some sort of ball

      • using whatsapp for cs ball, intervaristy ball

      • add events, gdo to it

    • Keycards

      • engsoc secretary wants 3 cards for committee, no other magic keycards
      • waiting to see what happens (how we sit with them)
    • St Pat’s C&S Fair

      • Not going
  • AOB:

    • ray’s hoodie

      • events has in accom,
      • back whenever she wants
    • Keycards

      • keycards, current rbcmt have magic room
      • keycards to give out to general membership, with record
      • engsoc setting up excel sheet for members (for everyone)
      • we have all the cards
      • vice-chair will follow up on it
      • do up a google form for it
      • last year, first come first served, 1st years can know common room exists
      • room tour, take email, show rules
      • update common room rules
      • wednesday - 4:30pm last 30 mins of hackerclub, common room stuff (tours)
      • announce it on discord (keycards), not instagram
      • events, vice-chair, 4pm wednesday giving out keycards, l125
    • Constitution

      • needs to be done for thursday
      • need to reword
      • void previous ones
      • needs cleaning up
      • need to keep stuff that c&s require
      • run past c&s, tomorrow tuesday at 4pm
    • Hoodies

      • sysadmin emailed guy, waiting on prices
    • Fosdem

      • 2 quotes
      • emailed 2 hostels, 1 responded
      • ryanair, 117 per person return (expired - quotes last 5 days)
      • accomidation - around 1270 - miniger - 50 euro a head - for 25 people, gender - mostly lads
      • rough ticket price, 170 each without c&s paying
      • c&s 17 euro per night per person, max 2 nights
      • 2100 c&s contribution last year
      • train stuff not added on
      • 50% cost of return flight up to 50 euros per person
      • 5200 rough cost - 2100 etc, around 120 per person
      • above only if we commit now
      • fly out firday lunch, flying home 8pm sunday, last year minus a day
      • another 25 euro for another night
      • difficult if not organised before halloween
      • if people are happy, will inform c&s next week
      • sysadmin - look into extra night
      • will get another qutote for another day
    • common room wifi

      • apparently ap already in there
      • student resource room (close by)
      • want to do wireless survey there
      • guy coming in next thursday (to confirm which thursday, vice-chair can be here as backup)
    • WEEE collection

      • email sent


2023-10-02 Agenda


Start Date: 02-10-2023
Present: helpdesk, secretary, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, events, webmaster, gdo, ordinary-member, sysadmin
Absent: sysadmin,
Excused: webmaster, sysadmin
Late: treasurer


Person Year
chair 4th
sysadmin 4th
webmaster 4th
helpdesk 4th
events 4th
treasurer 3rd
gdo 3rd
sysadmin 3rd
sysadmin 2nd
vice-chair 2nd
helpdesk 2nd
secretary 2nd
ordinary-member 2nd

Agenda:

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Reminder to add your name beside agenda items - secretary

  • Chair:

  • sysadmin:

  • Events:

    • Possible bowling trip? - secretary
    • Next week’s events, dates and times - secretary
  • Treasurer:

    • bank account update
    • budget update
    • computing ball budget
  • Helpdesk:

  • Webmaster:

  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Member:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • Have common room rules gone out? - secretary
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Constitution review - secretary
    • Decide who is doing bystander training - secretary

AOB:

  • HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! - secretary
  • Changing committee meeting time
  • Sistem

Minutes:

Started at 18:06
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • No updates
      • SLC Rep: vice-chair Murphy
    • Admin Update:

      • Can’t delete old accounts, just make new ones
      • No updates
      • Recently getting AMS site up
    • Events Update:

      • Everthing for this week submitted
      • EGM Thursday 1-2pm
      • Thursday Week
      • Times are set for event
      • Bowling Trip
        • Leisureplex Blanch
        • Do it for spooky event
        • Events set for november already
        • Suggested tuesday evening (work and home thurs)
        • First years don’t have lectures the following morning
        • Organise for reading week
      • No reading week for us
    • Treasurer Update:

      • half of bowling asked for from c&s

      • Total = 17 * 30

      • 255 total for 2 game deal per adult, 8.50 each

      • Need to collect 6.50 from people, if approved

      • Could bump to €10 if not approved

      • 30 people

      • waiting for budget approval

      • on n4 route

      • Have money for sistem

      • Bank Stuff

        • Issues with signatories
        • 2 documents submitted
        • Need to go to bank again
        • Should have been signed by today, it wasn’t
        • budget submitted, except for ssds
        • waiting for siobhans signature
      • Intersoc CS Ball

        • faith: tcd intersoc cs ball, cant quote number without talking to c&s
        • talk with committee and c&s needed for above
        • they could contribute 3-4k
        • can’t ticket event
        • rather do an events form
        • in order to contribute money, needs to go through ols constitution
        • no deadline from trinity given for quote
        • TUD not too pushed on it, want to do smaller intersocs
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • Hackerclub was good, decent turnout
      • slides in rb drive
      • next week: how to install linux or wsl
      • or get admin to spin up vm for installing
    • GDO update:

      • Nice poster
      • EGM poster done
      • Hackerclub event poster next week, chat with helpdesk
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • Hoodies
        • All we need to do is email for cost, then collect name and money
        • most committee has already paid for them
        • ordinary-member found a place that beats price and matches quality (already have one, not changing)
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • Rules are agreeed
      • final one in committee chat thread
      • Dominic 3rd member of CRC
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Constitution

      • Summary on github pull request
      • Everyone agreed on consitution
    • Bystander Training

      • Whoever done previous has to do it again
      • bunch of them on tuesday and thursday
    • Meeting time change

      • meeting works for some
      • dosent work for others
    • Sistem

      • 2 reps needed
      • in semester 2, finished before intra
      • chair can do it
      • wait for new committee to pick them
    • Fosdem

      • c&s to be contacted before halloween
      • chair to contact about date
    • EGM

      • 2 more pizzas for egm
      • need 15 people for egm to be valid
      • Nobody really likes hawaiann pizza (maybe change)
  • AOB:

    • 2/3 = 75%
  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • events - bowling trip goes to c&s this week
    • gdo - Push egm on social media
    • chair - send doodle poll about different meeting time
    • helpdesk and chair - 11.30 thursday for bystander
    • chair, vice-chair, treasurer - Fosdem - c&s wednesday
    • events - print common room rules and hang up
    • chair - forward hoodie guy email address onto ordinary-member
    • helpdesk, helpdesk - Submit hackerclub by wednesday
    • treasurer - chair owed money for pizza
    • treasurer - talk to Marie (relation to intersoc ball)
    • events - respond to faith about intersoc ball, blame c&s, can’t ticket event


2023-10-09 Agenda


Start Date: 09-10-2023
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, gdo, sysadmin, treasurer, pro, events, ordinary-member, events
Absent: ordinary-member
Excused: helpdesk, sysadmin, sysadmin
Late: webmaster, first-year-rep


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
sysadmin 4th SysAdmin
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

    • Welcome to all new members - chair
  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

  • Events:

  • Treasurer:

    • bank forms - treasurer
    • capitation req - treasurer
    • refunds - treasurer
  • HelpDesk:

    • How did Hackerclub go? - chair
    • What’s up next week? - chair
  • Webmaster:

    • Website updates - chair
  • PRO:

    • Changeover from previous PRO - pro
  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

  • Points of Discusion:

    • Sistem
      • Pick reps - secretary
    • Newmittie
      • Google drive access - secretary
      • C&S Committee portal access - secretary
    • Meeting time discussion - secretary
    • Intersoc ball money- treasurer

AOB:

  • Happy happy Monday! - secretary
  • Committee contacts - gdo

Minutes:

Started at 18:05
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • If you have any questions, throw them in the discord
      • Will move meeting time, doodle poll
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • No updates
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • Roadmap done, will be shared with committee
      • AMS website hopefully finished (probably not)
    • Events Update:

      • EGM went well, 4 new committee members

      • margarita instead of bbq chicken?

      • 2 margarita 2 pepperoni for future events

      • pizza effect wearing off

      • wednesday just has maths, before maths may come, but half of class on zoom so no wednesday

      • Racing ai

        • got go ahead
        • need to learn how to do it
        • event form will be submitted tonight
      • room booked for next weeks hackerclub

    • Treasurer Update:

      • Still needs sysadmin signature for bank forms
      • cap requests submitted for all recipets up to now
      • sysadmin refunded, chair need refund
      • chair dosen’t know pin, needs to figure out
      • BOI, can’t get app without pin (plus cns don’t like so no to app)
      • chair owned money, need to go to bank
      • hoodie stuff (committee owed money, problem for another day)
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • Hackerclub went well, not huge turnout, everyone paying attention
      • WSL, dual boot, VMs
      • a bunch should come back
      • people asking about hackerclub on instagram
      • Git next week (git good)
      • figure out next weeks one
      • so you can tell them after git what the next one is
      • slides need to be done
    • Webmaster

      • dcu drama being done

      • getting react 1:1 replica done, homepage

      • nothing new on rb website yet (fyp focus)

      • web group event for first years

      • Hackerclub Web Groups

        • teach them how to do work like big companies
        • would increase interest for webmaster
        • possible web group to work on the website
        • up to you
        • bring in amikon people, sysadmin, get site up
        • butlerx had web group, he approved and read PRs of members
        • could be set up as weekly/monthly hackathon, issues put out
        • whoever fixes most could get a prize (c&S won’t fund prizes)
        • could give a discord prize (different colour name, etc)
    • PRO Update:

      • needs handover from gdo (waiting for sysadmin for access)
      • can still do posts in the discord
      • gdo will give passwords (token prob expired)
      • waiting for totp code from sysadmin’s phone, will get pro logged in
    • GDO Update:

      • need to do poster for next week’s hackerclub
      • thursday poster done
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • saw first years who didnt come eariler, some dropped off due to no interest in pizza
      • ones who showed up today seemed interested, loyal and engaged members
      • people who want to go to hackerclub will go
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • hoodie form went out
      • havent checked responses yet
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • Rules accepted
      • Drinking in common room is an engsoc rule
      • complaints will be sent to common room committee
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Sistem

      • tcd and tud looking to get more involved
      • good chance it will be different
      • issues with hosting at trinity (money)
      • 2 reps, will relay info out to committee
      • Saturday in Feburary (location not decided yet)
      • Nominations: first-year-rep, chair
      • Decided: first-year-rep, chair
      • TCD sent out availibilty form
      • Involved with contacting companies, getting event ready, organising locations, etc
      • If TUD get involved, should go well
    • Google drive

      • everyone on committee has access, photos, hoodie forms, info etc
    • Committee portal

      • request on dashboard if you haven’t already
      • sysadmin used to untick elections on committee portal
      • first-year-rep will sign up this evening
    • Meeting time

      • 6pm tuesday (possible?)
      • chair will send out doodle and figure it out
    • Intersoc ball money

      • C&S cant give money for ball
      • redbrick will have to contribute itself
      • treasurer responded to faith tcd but no response (not responding to events either)
      • redbrick won’t put money towards it
      • ticket money will be all they get
  • AOB:

    • Committee contacts

      • Send chair your phone number (not needed, will get from c&s portal)
      • Member details are on c&s site
      • treasurer to change number
    • Leisureplex

      • planned for week 7
  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • chair - doodle poll for new meeting time
    • Everyone - Send chair your dcu emails in dms for dcu drive access
    • chair - send follow up email about c&s fosdem meeting
    • first-year-rep - ask first years about the time that would suit for events
    • treasurer - chair needs refund
    • treasurer - change number on c&s
    • helpdesk, helpdesk - slides need to be done for git good
    • Sistem reps - chair, first-year-rep


2023-10-17 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-10-17
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, treasurer, pro, events, ordinary-member, events, helpdesk, sysadmin, first-year-rep
Absent: sysadmin, ordinary-member
Excused: gdo, webmaster
Late: sysadmin


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
sysadmin 4th SysAdmin
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

    • FOSDEM detials
    • Deadline
  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

    • nova’s timetable is up and very cool - sysadmin
    • some SSL issues resolved - sysadmin
    • esports soc mailing list - sysadmin
  • Events:

  • Treasurer:

    • bank
    • card
    • capitation
  • HelpDesk:

    • How did hackerclub go? - secretary
  • Webmaster:

  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

    • Update on first year time feedback - secretary
  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • WAP installed in common room, thanks to @chair-sysadmin`
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Hoodies? - sysadmin
    • Fosdem - C&S funding request form due 27th - secretary

AOB:

  • Permission for using photos on social media - secretary
  • rb table at orientation - treasurer
  • main event info and poster - secretary
  • Demonware email - sysadmin
  • Bricks - ordinary-member
  • Happy Tuesday now! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 18:15
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • need to inform c&S about fosdem before 27th oct
      • need to submit quotes
      • rather resubmit
      • chair will go c&S about fosdem on Wednesday
      • Servers in U
        • servers up in the U, hang in wall in U (QR code for RB)
        • want to see inside the servers (perspex over) (flat against the wall)
        • advertisment material (in the future, timeline of redbrick servers)
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • vice-chair charing meeting
      • no updates
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • Nova’s timetable is up and running
      • Bit of a hassle to get user docker projects up and running
      • Lifechanging experience
      • ideal one click setup (people running projects can redeploy containers)
      • issues with SSL (traefik things)
      • Plan to move to caddy in the future (roadmap)
      • Mailing lists
        • sysadmin - Esports Equipment Manager (doing it the same as we do other socities)
        • hosting esports mailing list
        • own login, they managing it
        • no mail issues (for now)
        • can show to other socities to advertise
        • can set up for any society now
        • Mailing list documentation coming
      • sysadmin - Document how you set up nova’s timetable
      • User project section in the doc
    • Events Update:

      • events to get quotes for flights (thursday 1st of feb 2024)

      • check flights quotes for thursday to sunday

      • 3 nights (c&s will only cover 2)

      • Bringing 25 people

      • Quote last time was around 126pp

      • If anyone (members) asks, say roughly 200 euro

      • Leisureplex bowling

        • Next week
        • 25 places
        • budget has 30 people
        • events - put out an interest form (give number to c&s)
        • potential price say 8.50, estimated 6.50 (engsoc quote)
        • event plan not submitted (can go out today)
        • c&s meeting happening start of November
      • Sysadmin talk

        • sorted
        • home servers/homelab
        • sysadmin, sysadmin for homelab
        • chair for backup
    • Treasurer Update:

      • went to bank with sysadmin
      • sorted signatory stuff
      • bank took both versions of form
      • card
        • new pin requested
        • will take a week
        • cant do anything for reinbursements yet (signatory change)
        • another trip to the bank needed
        • could set up 365 on malavikas phone, bring card and set up pin
        • 365 not approved by c&s
        • would be great to have
        • treasurer to keep record of everything on 365 apps
        • special pin for chair and sysadmin
        • 3 signatories on bank, 2 required to send money
        • keep that in line with online banking
        • add to committee wiki soon
        • all cap requests approved
        • need reciepts to go up to google drive
        • RAM - request card from c&S
        • name down for mobile banking, can back out if needed
        • staments need to be picked up from server room and give to ordinary-member to sysadmin (sistem)
        • Bank: Bank of Ireland
        • sysadmin in charge of sistem stuff
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • AMS Amicon website
        • auto github ci builds are not deployed until sysadmin contacted
        • chair has other solution
      • Hackerclub
        • went well
        • got our regulars
        • attendence pretty good, not full, but people there engaged
        • 33 people
        • git good talk went well, all content done
        • next week: spooky code (last hc before halloween)
        • got last years stuff from malachy
        • anyone open to send on spooky code
        • sysadmin to send calenderbot 1.0 to helpdesk for hc (riot code aswell)
        • Room booked, just need to throw up on C&S
    • Webmaster

      • no updates
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
      • stories
        • when making posts, use share and share to story
        • share on the day of the event
        • 3 of the best photos (during the event)
      • photos
        • stand next to projector
        • take picture, shows everyone looking at content
        • picture of audience, picture of helpdesk and helpdesk
      • photos of committee
        • ask permission before you upload
        • if anyone is uncomfortable with photos being taken, let pro know
        • announce if people are ok with photos are at event first
        • alert members that photos are being taken
        • have it on the first slide of hackerclub + have someone say
    • GDO Update:

      • no updates
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • Numbers
        • hard to get numbers
        • overall, 2 first years who want tuesday break
        • 1 likes thursday
        • 14 likes wednesday
        • 15:30 - 17:00 on Wednesday - Hackerclub
        • Main event still thursday
        • try to change room to l125
        • won’t be until after halloween (can trial for a week)
        • Main event thursday, 1st years only have that hour free (9-5 full day, 1 hour break)
        • Week 4 for first years
        • For now: let’s leave it how it is
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • No updates
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • WAP installed
      • Well done chair
      • Some ethernet ports work
      • vice-chair to send list to announcments
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Hoodies
      • sysadmin missed email from hoodie guy (went to junk)
      • Prices are same as last year (in request form)
      • Committee only members still owed
      • All other members refunded
      • List of who is owed is in drive
    • 3rd/4th year talks
      • 2k
      • demonware
      • based at 3rd and 4th years
  • AOB:

    • RB Open day table
      • got emails, never got back
      • 5 people needed for both days
      • Friday and Saturdsy (check)
      • Volunteers: treasurer, sysadmin, ordinary-member, helpdesk, pro, events, vice-chair, helpdesk
      • secretary - reply to email, have 8, can pick names for the 5
      • pick by next week
    • Demonware email
      • free slot this semester, later weeks
      • get exact date and email to sysadmin
      • events to give 2 dates to sysadmin
    • Bricks
      • real life brick
      • ordinary-member has 4 red bricks (from building site)
    • Redbrick merch
      • mugs?
      • sysadmin tried looking into it (alumni would like it)
      • look at it again
      • mugs and hats
  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • events - give 2 dates to sysadmin for demonware
    • secretary - reply to open day email
    • vice-chair - send announcment about which ethernet ports work in common room
    • helpdesk, helpdesk - add disclaimer about social media photos to start of hackerclub slides
    • sysadmin - sent calenderbot 1.0 code and riot games code to helpdesk for hackerclub
    • sysadmin, sysadmin - sysadmin talk thursday
    • events - get quotes for flights for fosdem
    • sysadmin - Document how you set up nova’s timetable
    • sysadmin - write documentation for mailing list setup
    • chair - go to c&S about fosdem on Wednesday
    • Volunteers for open day: treasurer, sysadmin, ordinary-member, helpdesk, pro, events, vice-chair, helpdesk
    • all - send on spooky code suggestions

2023-10-24 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-10-24
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, vice-chair, treasurer, pro, ordinary-member, events, helpdesk, sysadmin, first-year-rep, sysadmin, webmaster, sysadmin
Absent:
Excused: gdo
Late: events, ordinary-member


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep
engsoc EngSoc

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please inform secretary with your reason.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

    • RESIGN
  • Vice-Chair:

    • RESIGN
  • SysAdmins:

    • admin talk - how did it go? -
    • did a test migration of CodiMD 1.3 up to HedgeDoc latest stable on homelab:
      • now we know what needs to be done for this on RB - sysadmin
    • chatting with skins yesterday, planning to make a route from aperture to old redbrick but still don’t fully understand the network topology - sysadmin
    • Some stuff happened over the weekend - sysadmin
  • Events:

    • Brickbowl not approved yet :/ - events
    • Demonware when? We’ve provided two dates - 15th Nov & 24th Jan
  • Treasurer:

  • HelpDesk:

    • event not yet approved?? -
    • how did hackerclub go -
  • Webmaster:

    • Briefly discussed with chair about Webgroup: - webmaster
      • Prepares members for all aspects of software engineering
      • Active community maintenance of website & in-house services
    • Setup a GitHub project board for Webgroup - webmaster
      • Malachy skins suggested using YouTrack -
  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • Common room shenanigans -
  • Points of Discussion:

    • C&S rejected our new constitution??? -
    • Hoodies
      • Mailing list hoodies23-24@lists.redbrick.dcu.ie made -
      • Payment collection - secretary
      • Goujon Tom envelope in Nubar - secretary
    • Webgroup - webmaster
      • Possible projects:
        • website, brickbot, wiki, email generator, nova’s timetable
      • Gamification of Webgroup system
      • Recurring event in cohesion w/ hackerclub (+ admin talks?)
      • Development containers/images to onboard contributors
    • Open Day
      • List of names to be chosen for the open day - pro
        • names: sysadmin, ordinary-member, helpdesk, treasurer, pro, events

AOB:

  • chair sysadmin Broke BrickBot RESIGN
  • new email generator written in php python? - helpdesk
  • mail broke
  • Fix gdo position on C&S - webmaster
  • Happy Tuesday! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 18:05
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • no updates
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • no updates
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • admin talk
        • went pretty well
        • people happy with it
        • first years interested in homelabs
        • great turnout
      • codi md update
        • test migration of codi md 1.3 to latest hedgedoc stable
        • went straightforward
        • know what needs to be done
      • route from apeture from redbrick
        • need to contact rootholders about network topologies
        • big pipe between the two
        • need to understand what is in the redbrick server racks
        • contact rootholders about this
      • weekend incident
        • estates emailed a week before
        • never said the U would lose power
        • lost power on 3 occasions
        • problems with wheatly fixed
        • issues with hardcase
        • would have been fixed a lot quicker if it wasn’t nix
        • probably ask c&s for new drives for /storage
        • zeus fine
        • pyg had /storage issue
        • chair to the rescue (systemmd services)
        • pyg manually restarted (pull the plug) fixed login issues
        • md page exists documenting the above
        • tl:dr, ask c&s for ups, hard drives, complain about lack of notifications
        • ash complained in lobby about power issue (mention when asking)
    • Events Update:

      • brickbowl

        • not approved yet
        • waiting for siobhan
        • arista and demonware approved
        • no event this week
        • just hackerclub this week
        • need to wait for approval for payment
        • reserve around 10 slots for cash, otherwise first come first served
      • next week

        • brickbowl
        • arista week after (wednesday hackerclub slot)
        • demonware is doing tuesday, same week as arista
        • 2k - 6th November
        • 4th years have search labs on thursdays
      • brick sticker competition

        • one sticker, whoever takes the best picture with the sticker wins
        • prizes? (chocolate hamper)(1st 2nd 3rd, decide later)
        • christmas will be the end
        • winning picture will be a big sticker on discord, c&s background
        • google form to submit photo with name
        • could do vote through discord
        • events - plan brick sticker event
      • hackers event

        • quick to set up
        • as main event this week
        • events, events - plan hackers
    • Treasurer Update:

      • needs rb pasword reset
      • tried to fix 365 thing
      • signatory documents not reached hq yet
      • going to bank tomorrow before hackerclub to get money
      • refund to events for hoodie
      • cap requests
        • everthing until oct 7 submitted
        • need to upload recipets after oct 7 on drive
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • event approved
      • hackerclub
        • went well
        • decent turnout
        • engagement good
      • this week - scary code
        • all ready for it
    • Webmaster

      • web groups
        • brief discussion on discord
        • 2 main benefits
          • prepare members for software engineering
          • allows active mantiance for in house services
        • quick project board set up (on github)
        • could look into stand alone project management
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
    • GDO Update:

      • no updates
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • keeping reason for keycards secret
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • happy to be here
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • keycards being delegated everywhere
      • events has all the keycards
      • get code of conduct that was mentioned in email
      • lecturer walked in
      • what happened
        • member found in common room
        • keycards reset
        • new keycards issued (all people need to know)
      • committee reason
        • log kept for keycards being used, timestamp
        • must have looked at list
        • and then came in to check
        • new keycards are timelocked
        • engsoc has told members exactly what happened
      • events wants to know about lecturer, why he was there and code of conduct
      • crc wasn’t told about anything
      • both committees need guidelines, posted in magic room
      • events - ask about common room code of conduct
  • Points of Discusion:

    • constiution
      • rejected, because we didn’t highlight changes
      • chair - reupload with big highlighter
      • should be approved then
    • hoodies
      • mailing list created
      • giving until friday
      • payment collection
        • email will be sent out with a deadline of a week or 2 weeks
        • rev, paypal or cash
        • after that, not getting hoodies
        • then email classhoodies
        • goujon tom envelope
          • will give it in a week
        • user character restriction not on hoodies
    • webgroup
      • scope needs to be clearly defined
      • can go from web to dev group otherwise
      • possible projects, website, soc requested sites, brickbot
      • brickbot ideas, add ideas
      • wiki, email generator, nova’s timetable
      • overlap between webmaster and sysadmins roles
      • if web related (writing site, docker/github actions) for webmaster
      • guidence can be requested from sysadmin
      • example: wiki will be deployed by sysadmin, maintained by web group
      • getting web members to actually contribute
        • additional work on non committee members
        • possible gamify (increase info in discord)
        • reward progress (tracked on issue board)
        • webmember role on discord
        • can be used for committee nominations at agms
      • webgroup hackerclubs and admin talks
        • encourage members attendence based on aspects
        • attend each event to cover soft eng topics
        • redbrick teaches what college dosent
        • 1st years would be interested, web design lecture may have turned some off
        • is webgroup for people with experience, or just starting
        • can do events to help people with skills
        • recurring events
          • hackerclub is it’s own thing
          • alongside - webgroup, if hackerclub is on git, webgroup practice git
          • hackerclub is lessons
          • webgroup current idea is open space where members contribute, hands on work
          • teaching members is what hackerclub does - should webgroup do that?
          • core people would likely show up to webgroup
          • recruit 2nd years for it
        • members can contribute to issues
          • leads to scarcity of issues
          • can’t really have multiple people working on issues (different versions)
          • make standards for members to follow
          • all - send in any ideas about web groups
        • rewards
          • discord role, not sure on physical rewards
          • maybe some hackathon for webgroup (send ideas)
        • webmaster is project manager
          • dedicates for ability
          • progresses people on
          • aimed at first years for the start
          • first years likely to do it without rewards (want experience)
          • could do webgroup hoodies with year
        • website event
          • people make websites
          • then people try to break it
          • treasure hunt (CTF)
          • escape room but in files
          • original plan was every 2 weeks
          • up to webmaster
        • webmaster - write md doc about web group**
    • open day names
      • decided: sysadmin, helpdesk, treasurer, pro, events
      • if max 5, remove ordinary-member
      • ordinary-member on standby for it
  • AOB:

    • c&s site
      • chair - change gdo position
    • brickbot
      • don’t know whats wrong
      • hangs at ldap command
    • email generator
      • helpdesk worked on similar project (esports)
      • can make a new one
    • mail broke
      • yes
  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • events - plan brick sticker event
    • treasurer - upload recipets after oct 7 onto drive
    • events - ask about common room code of conduct
    • pro - send off names for open day
    • chair - change gdo position on C&S
    • all - add any web group suggestions here https://md.redbrick.dcu.ie/7E69dpQnRqmypZvaWnzgpQ
    • chair - reupload constitution with big highlighter
    • sysadmin - send out hoodie payment email after Friday deadline

2023-10-31 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-10-31
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, treasurer, pro, sysadmin, sysadmin, sysadmin, webmaster, gdo, events
Absent: events
Excused: helpdesk, first-year-rep, ordinary-member, vice-chair, ordinary-member
Late:


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please inform secretary with your reason.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

    • Meth is ded - sysadmin
    • chair had some fun with networking
    • Need to archive old repos - webmaster
  • Events:

    • How was Hackers? - secretary
    • Pretty gucci - events
    • C&S want FOSDEM registration on OMS, in spite of specifically requesting an email - events
    • Ready for BrickBowl? 👀 - events
  • Treasurer:

    • bank not updated yet treasurer
    • statements yet to arrive treasurer
    • i will be reimbursing treasurer
  • HelpDesk:

    • How did Hackerclub go? secretary
  • Webmaster:

    • Webgroup projects: - webmaster
      • Decided on micro-frontend stack
      • Defined webgroup repo management
        • Setup dev environment config per repo
      • Split brickbot -> brickbot + blockbot
      • Discussed email-generator w/ secretary
    • Share recurring event slot with hackerclub? - webmaster
  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • Will meet with Noel Murphy (King Croom) about Santy list and croom changes - events
  • Points of Discussion:

    • Hoodies
      • Get size and contact info for Goujon Tom - secretary
      • Hoodie payment email and planning - secretary
      • ordinary-member and events hoodies - treasurer
    • Computing Societies Ball - secretary
    • GDSC DevFest - secretary
    • Londis Chair Photo - secretary

AOB:

  • Happy Halloween! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 18:11
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • if you are doing something, let people in committee chat know
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • no updates
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • meth dead

        • clap clap
        • irc and brickbot last 2 things on it
        • irc been dead awhile (blame nixos)
        • not our fault, solution
        • brickbot dockerised and moved to zeus
        • away from danger
        • meth has been powered off
      • networking with kyle

        • chair and kyle
        • make spinning up new services on apeture more feasible
        • root between the two, coming soon tm
        • need to archive old repos
        • sysadmin, webmaster, chair dicussing restrcuturing github
        • archive old repos, clean it up
    • Events Update:

      • Hackers Movie

        • pretty gucci
        • couple of people there, around 10-15
        • lighting problems and speaker problems in LG26
        • Lights problems in both of them LG25
      • fosdem

        • email from c&s wanting fosdem international travel form on oms, even though they asked for email
        • probably a misscommunication between marie and izzy.
        • events - submit fosdem form to oms
      • brickbowl

        • going ahead
        • only 2 people have paid so far
        • helix at 6:30, get N4 to blanch
        • chair - collecting money
        • helpdesk, treasurer - collect money at hackerclub
    • Treasurer Update:

      • bank
        • called up, saying invalid on 365
        • waiting for it to be approved
        • statments yet to arrive, stil waiting
        • treasurer will handle reinbursments from now on
        • atm card, need 365 to get that fixed
        • pin request placed
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • This Week’s Hackerclub
        • very spooky, very good
        • chair was there
        • decent turnout
        • probably not expecting too much tomorrow due to Halloween
        • configuring dev environment this week
    • Webmaster

      • webgroup projects

        • more discussion
        • decided on technologies for website
        • github repo managment discussed
        • figured out how to label repos for webgroup members
        • thinking of setting up dev envs, preconfigured per repo
        • can spin up dev environment easily to get pr out
        • want to split brickbot into blockbot (TBD) and brickbot
        • brickbot continue to be maintained by sysadmin due to sensitive info, but want blockbot to be community maintained
        • commands come up from community (eg. nova’s timetable)
        • would be good to directly pull from md, could quickly update stuff like wiki
      • email generator

        • discussed email generator with secretary
        • google doc format ready, paste into the generator
        • edit something on md, jsx embedded for headers, tldr, hackerclub etc
        • generator: select which markdown file and submit
        • google doc generator - use md as it’s in redbrick’s services
        • wants to work with markdown files a lot more across redbrick services
      • events slot

        • hackerclub time at end could be for webgroup check up
        • gather topics of what they want to learn
        • lot would like to join to learn web technologies
        • webgroup guest talks in hackerclub
        • once we get started, can sort out reoccuring events
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
    • GDO Update:

      • londis thing
        • looking for 1 or 2 people to take photo in a chair
        • can’t unpack gaming chair, will photoshop onto chair
        • doing a giveaway
        • chair-ception - chair
        • Chair on chair, person sitting on chair
        • chair on the chair on the chair, etc…
        • 3 people for above
        • chair knows more
        • There was a chair on the chair with a vice chair on the chair on top of the chair
        • chair, vice-chair - londis chair thing at 4pm Wednesday
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • no updates
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • no upadtes
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • noel murphy

        • in charge of croom
        • events wants to find out if the 9pm lock thing is permanent
        • can’t really challenge it
        • has been tested, dosen’t work after 9
      • santy list

        • wishlist for croom
        • events sent image on discord with it
        • only ask for stuff we acually need
        • for tv, could do an event where regular croom members raise money for it
        • would like all of the ethernet ports working
        • some electrical sockets are broken also
        • can label the working ports in the common room
        • noel murphy is responsible for buying stuff
        • tv may make them throw out the list
        • other stuff is fine
        • reword email to not praticularly mention keycards, ask about code of conduct and ask to discuss santy list
        • events - send copy of updated common room email before it’s sent and cc committee
      • croom email

        • ask about signed code of conduct, or discuss about it
        • find out if the code of conduct exists, main question
        • we want equipment that we don’t have (santy list)
  • Points of Discusion:

    • Hoodies
      • goujon tom

        • collect this evening
      • payment

        • mailing list made and updated
        • email not sent yet
        • can do tonight/tomorrow
        • deadline for payment, thursday week
        • should have for christmas
        • sysadmin - confirm that we can go through with the hoodies with the guy
        • ordinary-member, details added on form (wants hoodie)
        • events, got money back
      • comp soc ball

        • no trinity, doing their own thing
        • between 45 and 60 euro in feb
        • no funds contribution needed
        • ucd, tud, dcu (too many involved may make it complicated)
        • could post in intersocs about it, for other colleges
        • techincally ucd started it
        • still planning, don’t need to help just yet
        • events, sysadmin - comp soc ball volunteers
      • gdsc devfest

        • google developer student club
        • give money to socities to run events
        • similar to sistem
        • december, 2pm to 8pm
        • held in tud
        • 3k if 100 people show up, have to spend it (tshirts, stickers, food)
        • sysadmin, webmaster - gdsc devfest volunteers
  • AOB:

  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • events - submit fosdem form to oms
    • events - send copy of updated common room email before it’s sent and cc committee
    • sysadmin - confirm that we can go through with the hoodies with the guy

2023-11-07 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-11-07
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, treasurer, pro, sysadmin, sysadmin, webmaster, gdo, events, helpdesk, first-year-rep, vice-chair, ordinary-member
Absent: events, sysadmin
Excused:
Late: ordinary-member


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please inform secretary with your reason.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

  • Events:

    • How was BrickBowl? - secretary
    • Gucci. PINTS - events
    • 2K got sick, no event 😕 - events
    • Chill event Thursday? Doritos and dip mayhaps 👀 - events
    • Demonware talk and Arista Competition next week - events
    • Brick sticker comp!!! - events
  • Treasurer:

    • bank do be banking -treasurer
    • revolut -treasurer
    • cash -treasurer
  • HelpDesk:

    • How did Hackerclub go? - secretary
    • This week’s hackerclub - secretary
    • Next week’s hackerclub - secretary
  • Webmaster:

    • Blockbot gor brrrrr - sysadmin
    • First webgroup event idea - webmaster
  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • Met Noel Murphy (HoD Of Eng), we the people make the rules (as per 2011 rules)! - events
    • Need to make new rules now 🫠 - events
    • Sent email for Croom equipment to sysadmin Gurrin and sysadmin Osborne 😎 - events
      • And they just got back to us! - sysadmin
    • Natasha finally got her keycards, big woop! Only took a year - events
  • Points of Discussion:

    • Gaming station for the Open Day (17th-18th Nov) as suggested by Claire - pro

      • Retro Pi was suggested ~two weeks ago, but hasn’t been confirmed
    • GDSC TUD - what do we think? - sysadmin

    • This week’s main event - pro

      • EngSoc gave offer of potential intersoc for this Thursday, on 06/11/23
    • FOSDEM Email - secretary

AOB:

  • CompSoc responses ordinary-member
  • Happy Tuesday! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 18:09
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • no updates
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • all good
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • no updates
      • things arent broken
      • brickbot broken for now (ldap part), webmaster thing
    • Events Update:

      • BrickBowl

        • went well, very good
        • would do stuff like it again
        • token in the future
        • after event went well, met guy from UCC
        • lessons from young sys admin, don’t make stuff complicated, custom built, keep stuff maintainable
      • Ice skating

        • ice skating (insurance would be painful)
        • can arrange rb events no problem (getting subsidised is issue)
        • if doing ice skating, can’t go through c&s
        • treasurer - ask c&s about possible ice skating trip**
      • future events

        • gamesoc may not be around in the future (could do redbrick game nights)
        • more non academic events wanted
      • 2k

        • speaker got sick
        • postponed for 2 weeks
      • next week, demonware talk (online) and arista competition

        • not in person due to COD launch week
        • 35 mins, 15 mins Q&A, chair and sysadmin demonware reps
        • arista all sorted, has events, helpdesk, helpdesk phone numbers
      • chill event thursday (MAIN INFO AT POD)

        • doritos and dip
        • could do another movie
        • could tie into mental health week
        • Movie: swordfish, matrix
        • head of soc sent out mental health email
        • movie, relaxing event (easy to run)
        • possible interactive in event (black mirror bandersnatch)
        • could bring board games from common room
        • pick one or the other
        • games night in common room?
        • Not borrowing from gamesoc (could borrow, not on record (don’t announce))
        • POD: Discuss game night AI
      • brick competition

        • need to sort it out
        • announce tomorrow in hackerclub (announce before)
        • winners to be told in christmas
        • bring stickers to hackerclub
        • Name: Brick the planet
        • can figure out prizes later
        • take photo of rb sticker somewhere
    • Treasurer Update:

      • bank

        • went to bank Monday to check docs, no issues with docs, bank having techinical difficulties
        • if not done by friday, can elevate
        • can request on 365, waiting for app first
      • statements

        • were given 1st jan for statements, sent september instead
        • not anyones fault, need to wait for bank
        • treasurer will go to bank on monday if not sorted
        • have time to sort it out
        • treasurer will be giving people money for reinbursments
      • revolut

        • around 900 euro
        • around 26 hoodies
        • cash 136 euro, need to put in server room with sysadmin
        • 2 hoodie guy issue got cleared up, wants 2 hoodies (1 with name, 1 without)
        • need to take some people off hoodie list
        • last sunday’s form needs updating
        • treasurer - add row for adam for logo
        • treasurer had 32 of own money
        • 1023/35 -
        • already have 40 hoodies
        • if cmt pay, don’t tick off names
        • paypal - chair and sysadmin
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • Last Week’s Hackerclub
        • went well
        • no issues
        • people liked it
        • not as high numbers as start, but good faces
        • shell scripts
          • been approved
        • next week
          • arista coding comp
    • Webmaster

      • blockbot
        • new bot created on discord
        • blank repo and bot made
        • has key off sysadmin
        • same perms as brickbot for now, can always change
      • webgroup event idea
        • half and half
        • hackerclub, discord bots
        • can give everyone attending a dev env, give some ideas like commands to add
        • at end, everyone will have PR to add
        • can see work in discord server, people can use each others commands
        • credits command
        • at end, encourage people to continue contributing
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
      • start using social media channel for stuff
      • comment made about mental health thing
        • sad month
    • GDO Update:

      • all good
      • can’t make anything until events decided
      • wasn’t sure if hackerclub was happening or not
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • all good
      • event times
        • people are coming in, expected more people to come
        • around 18,19 first years said would come wednesday
        • not showing up
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • happy to be hear
      • happy to help with anything
      • minecraft server up and running
        • will be hosted on redbrick soon
        • asked for 25565
        • let ordinary-member know if you want to join
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • meeting with noel murphy

        • soe head
        • original code of conduct
        • we made them back in the day
        • door shuts at 9 o clock shouldn’t have happened
        • can roll it back
        • have to follow dcu’s overall guidelines
        • Can get it extended until 10
        • Better to wait until next semester before asking
        • got door updated after clock’s changed
      • email

        • sysadmin got back
        • asked for dishwasher, drying rack, etc (committee cc’ed)
        • fix ethernet ports
        • asked for maybes (plug-in heater, hoover very unlikely)
        • could potentially get old tv from dcu
        • faculty having meeting tomorrow
          • will discuss then
          • standard stuff likely to be approved
          • can email estates about TV
          • find out broken socket numbers and contact estates
          • ethernet ports, go to iss, only some are wired
          • natasha got keycard
  • Points of Discusion:

    • gaming station open day

      • 60 euro for 2 days
      • sysadmin can’t make it
      • will fill it in
      • friday and saturday
      • retro pie
        • can use pi3s
    • GDSC TUD

      • society exists, got excemption from free and fair elections from uni pres
      • google dictate who head of GDSC is
      • direct competition with their OSL
      • already have their own redbrick
      • being undermined by GDSC
      • keith wants to get it advertised, no speakers
      • nothings been confirmed, just sent out speaker forms
      • december 4th
      • can’t announce if no speakers confirmed
      • can do teaser announce
      • guy hasn’t run event before, asked for help
      • ruan agrees with us
      • our decision, do we want to support?
      • around 3k if 100 people show up
      • advertising on monday, need to decide
      • if they don’t get money, might come looking
      • rb viewed as people funnel for this
      • could be risking reputation, sending members to possible bad event
      • redbrick is a big thing, putting our names to it could ruin rep
      • want to order tshirts instead of hoodies
      • pulled out of ball last year with less than this
      • shouldn’t really have existed due to CS++
      • last year, sistem was messy, and people there run events before
      • ordinary-member talking about NFT event, was advertised a lot sooner and went smoothly, need to know more about GDSC
      • our vote has a big knock on event, if we pull out, cs++ will and event will die
      • if we keep pulling out, may not be invited
      • had to pull out from ball due to external factor
      • trinity kicked everyone out (c&s cant fund it)
      • this would be first time pulling out this year
      • no mention of advertising if we pull out
      • can take name off, but advertise later if there is an actual event
      • we can support, but can’t organise
      • decision: take name off, will advertise when there is an actual event
  • AOB:

    • This weeks chill event

      • decided: individual snacks (tayto, haribos, etc)
      • decided: Games, could do jackbox
      • 4-6 this thursday
    • engsoc intersoc

      • potential quiz
      • could advertise (throw in external events)
      • instagram offer,
      • notes from ordinary-member, that quiz has nothing to do with engsoc, 3 committee, likely no attendees
    • fosdem

      • email came in
      • workshop on thursday
      • vice-chair, events to go
    • compsoc ball responses

      • 5 responses so far
      • tcd and ucd
      • action items with that link to form
  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s events
    • treasurer - ask c&s about possible ice skating trip
    • treasurer - add row for adam for logo
    • vice-chair, events - fosdem workshop on thursday
    • all - compsoc ball form https://forms.gle/hPgANpJ4iKcWv2B19
    • events, events - plan games event thursday
    • events - ask redbrick members about board games for the games event thursday
    • treasurer - go to bank on monday if issue is not resolved

2023-11-14 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-11-14
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, pro, sysadmin, gdo, events, first-year-rep, vice-chair, ordinary-member, events, helpdesk
Absent: ordinary-member, sysadmin, sysadmin, treasurer
Excused:
Late: webmaster


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep
ordinary-member 2nd Redbrick Member

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please inform secretary with your reason.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

    • apache2 was unhappy
    • zeus was sad
  • Events:

    • How was Games Night? - secretary
    • Not amazing - events
    • How was Demonware talk? - events
    • Arista going ahead tomorrow - events
    • FOSDEM not approved, NEED meeting with C&S - events
    • Some prizes organised for Brick the Planet, including hamper from CGI and possible PS5 from Demonware (thanks to pro) - events
  • Treasurer:

  • HelpDesk:

    • How did last week’s hackerclub go? - secretary
    • This week’s hackerclub (Arista) - secretary
    • Next week’s hackerclub - secretary
  • Webmaster:

    • dysfunctional discuss w/ chair <3 (dis,dis,dis) -webmaster
      • blockbot stateful cmds
      • micro-frontend dev + ci/cd (bundles, import map)
      • gitified markdown (+ api?)
    • blockbot + root spa -webmaster
  • PRO:

  • GDO:

  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • Spoke to sysadmin today, €600 approved for Common room - events
    • All small items will be funded - events
    • TV is not being funded directly, sysadmin will keep an eye for any being tossed - events
  • Points of Discussion:

    • Hoodies are go!!
    • Blueblock hoodie mockup
    • FOSDEM Workshop Email - secretary

AOB:

  • Happy Tuesday! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 18:04
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • end of last meeting
        • chaos, not how it should work
        • new rule, if door open, nobody speaks
      • voluntary society
        • if you cant do something, arrange other people to fill in
        • let people know
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • no updates
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • chair sysadminning in sysadmin’s place this weekend
      • apache unhappy, gave it some love (with a hammer)
      • zeus filling up, rip email generator :(
      • sorted now
      • meeting with iss tomorrow
        • want to talk about their plans for dcu networking
        • rb.dcu sub domain
        • few ports, ssh onto apeture (want to move main services onto it)
        • might try to get minecraft port open
        • delay for mc, can’t set up on new servers right now, would need vpn access
        • no plain port root out
        • zeus unhappy, other place to host
        • send any requests onto sysadmin before 1pm tomorrow
        • sysadmin - add mail and irc to ports we want to expose
    • Events Update:

      • games night

        • wasn’t amazing
        • wasn’t many games
        • not snacks we hoped for
        • fell apart due to miscommunication
        • some people thought it was in common room
        • not too well planned out
        • lessons to learn, more communication, events was’t available on thursday
        • people could have brought games, set up wii etc
        • ended up in the common room
        • worked out alright in the end
        • universal handover, doc in cmt wiki about it
      • demonware talk

        • went pretty well (chair is biased)
        • great turnout, around 30 people logged, but more were there
        • online aspect, could be heard
        • 1 member said they enjoyed it
        • Damien Marshall good speaker
      • Arista

        • arista do everything
        • they are ordering pizza
        • they are sponsoring pizza, 30 pizza
        • can always pick up drinks if needed
        • big push for arista event
        • pro, mention the voucher prizes in announce, top 5 get interviews
        • internship interviews, but 3rd-4th years only
        • 2nd years generally do the best in it (question complexity)
        • Arista have events, helpdesk, helpdesk numbers (prob around 2:40-2:45)
        • tshirts as well
      • fosdem

        • no meeting with c&s
        • likely not happening
        • been 2 working days since hearing back from them
        • haven’t responded yet, any can reply
        • we werent the only society
        • could do fosdem outside of dcu
        • we can’t be part, but can give flights details, accom, etc
        • shouldn’t have happened, was discussed in meeting, ping went out
        • get details together for people to get to fosdem themselves
      • prizes for brick of the world

        • ps5, very potentially (person emailing abroad atm, back tomorrow week)
      • christmas party

        • talk to ash and other guy about nubar
        • week 12, wednesday (most 4th years in as well, main event that week), 29th November
        • who is santa: helpdesk
        • organise dvds from CeX
        • less than 10 dvds in server room
        • could give out random server room stuff
        • whos going to CeX: events
        • 30 euro of dvds
        • wrapping paper in server room
      • last event

        • for semester 2, have backup event planned, everything laid out
        • follow a predefined fallback plan (discord bot talk, cmt lightning talks)
      • sem 2

        • demonware, 2k
      • chair ci/cd talk

        • gitlab 3rd and 4th years
        • tuesday week 12 or wednesday week 11
        • seperate to hackerclub
    • Treasurer Update:

      • bank jank
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • hackerclub next week

        • will sort out later
        • let gdo know by thursday
      • last week

        • went well
        • shell scripting
        • fun scrips
        • everyone was interested, a lot of engagement, people laughing, having a good time
        • went off at the end, personally interested in topic, made people interested
      • this weeks

        • arista
    • Webmaster

      • disdisdis
        • 3 hour discussion happened

        • blockbot, how we can get commands for role self assign

        • alumni can opt out of on campus events, hackerclub etc

        • choose pings

        • suggestion box for feedback from everyone (events, webgroup etc)

        • micro frontend

          • contributers can help with web based services
          • solid understanding now
          • up to sysadmin to figure out
          • new service to deploy
        • gitified markdown

          • markdown and history of society discussion
          • trying to get it all back
          • rootholder collected info from website in 2014
          • if you don’t know who associate it, you can ignore input
          • get a lot of services to use markdown
          • centralised gitified markdown collection, used across services
          • sysadmin would love it, but we can’t really unifiy it
          • can’t really do it with wiki, how it operates
          • media wiki, logging in through ldap, cmt are moderators etc
          • anyone can propose changes, can set for markdown
          • gitified markdown approach, fine for websites, not feasable for wiki
          • queries against database is not something we want to do frequently
          • throw wikimedia database somewhere
            • have frequent backups would outweight gitified markdown thing
        • blockbot/rootspa

          • emails spammed
          • bunch of github releases
          • blockbot repo up with basic command
          • job spec on nomad
          • pull request there
          • can get blockbot officially online
          • up to sysadmin to fix cdn issue
          • getting jobs deployed
        • first webgroup meeting

          • joint with hackerclub
          • hackerclub discusses discord bot
          • webgroup will contribute to bb and submit pr at end of session
          • semester 2
          • working on development containers
          • pull container, vscode with right extentions etc
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
    • GDO Update:

      • thanks for weekend help
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • happy to be here
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • no updates
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • sysadmin’s office
        • have 600 euro approved for common room
        • he will look after dishwasher and other stuff
        • need to provide space heater ourselves
        • drying rack, shelving, etc
        • 4 shelevs free we can put in whenever
        • can get people to put them in
        • funded by faculty, school of engineering, ece, computing
        • tv won’t be paid for
        • faculty tends to throw out tvs, if he gets one, it’s ours
  • Points of Discusion:

    • hoodies

      • form has been sent out
    • blueblock hoodies

      • advertised as same as rb hoodie, but blue
      • can get it changed (zipper)
      • hoodies same as previous years
      • could email all blueblock list
      • options are, rb hoodie but blue, or hoodie with no zip
      • decided:
      • sysadmin asked for same hoodie, but in a blue colour, all mentions of rb to bb
      • ^ forward hoodie email to cmt
      • sysadmin - clarify that it is a zip
  • AOB:

  • Action Items:

    • gdo - Make posters for next week’s activities
    • events, events, chair - get details together for people to get to fosdem themselves
    • helpdesk, helpdesk - let gdo know what hackerclub is by thursday
    • helpdesk - santa
    • events - go to CeX to get DVDs
    • sysadmin - forward hoodie email to cmt
    • sysadmin - clarify that blueblock hoodies are zip ones

2023-11-24 Agenda

Start Date: 2023-11-24
Present: secretary, helpdesk, chair, pro, sysadmin, events, first-year-rep, vice-chair, events, helpdesk, gdo, sysadmin, treasurer, webmaster
Absent: ordinary-member, ordinary-member, sysadmin
Excused:
Late:


Person Year Position
chair 4th Chair
webmaster 4th Webmaster
helpdesk 4th HelpDesk
events 4th Events
ordinary-member 4th Ordinary Member
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
treasurer 3rd Treasurer
gdo 3rd GDO
sysadmin 3rd SysAdmin
sysadmin 2nd SysAdmin
vice-chair 2nd Vice-Chair
helpdesk 2nd HelpDesk
secretary 2nd Secretary
ordinary-member 2nd Ordinary Member
pro 2nd PRO
events 1st Events
first-year-rep 1st 1st Year Rep

Agenda:

Please add your Redbrick username beside agenda items.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please inform secretary with your reason.

  • Check previous minutes - secretary

  • Chair:

    • Intersocs Ball - chair
      • Theme for intersoc ball
      • Rough ticket price if 130 peeps is 55/56 quid
      • Any sponsorships would be amazing
      • If the event is cancelled for any reason, we would be on the hook for 80% of the total cost.
      • Link to quote
  • Vice-Chair:

  • SysAdmins:

  • Events:

    • Alternate prizes for Brick the Planet (Server Banner/Sticker suggested) - events
    • Is DnD soc getting involved in Brickmas? - events
  • Treasurer:

    • Hoodies all paid for :tada:
    • Bank statements - treasurer
    • Bank app - treasurer
    • Capitation request - treasurer
    • Fosdem money - treasurer
  • HelpDesk:

  • Webmaster:

    • Old site changes (to take effect soon) (thx events) - webmaster
  • PRO:

  • GDO:

    • santa videos to be done this week, ideas welcome - gdo
  • First Year Rep:

  • Ordinary Members:

  • Common Room Committee:

    • croom rules updated - pr on github
    • croom committee has an email now please make sure to CC
    • Extended Shelving Units to collect on Wednesday - events
    • Dishwasher to be delivered/installed by DID on Wednesday - events
  • Points of Discussion:

    • Open governance - chair

AOB:

  • Committee secret santa - secretary
  • Admin+webgroup backlog - webmaster
  • Happy Tuesday! - secretary

Minutes:

Started at: 13:02
Does Committee agree on last weeks minutes: yes

  • Points of Info:

    • Chair Update:

      • Intersocs ball
        • theme: any ideas
        • suggestions given as examples
        • just an idea
        • chair bond potentially (one of the easier)
        • going for chair bond
        • 130 people -55-60
        • may be able to getsponsorship
        • ucd talking to arista about it
        • tud talking to workday
        • if event canceleed on the hook for 80% cost (around 5,500), 1500 tud, remainder split between rb and ucd
        • we would pay around 2,100, before sponosrship, if event coundnt go ahead
        • once we commit, no going back
        • bank account will have arund 8000 after hoodies
        • some belongs to sistem, most of it
        • hoodies all paid out
        • around 5,500 - 6500 for sistem
        • sistem recepits drafts recieved
        • around 2000 in bank account after sistem
        • unsure of paypal status (2-5k around)
        • lot taken out for fosdem
        • around 2k in paypal
        • no c&s money for this event
        • if does not happen, would take most of account money
        • 70 people from ucd, 30 from us, tud around 30
        • need to advertise it to increase interest
        • ways it could not go ahead: (last night), snow, storms etc
        • could do minimum deposit on tickets
        • 2k without food, need to spend 5k on food
        • ucd leading it, happy to let them continue
        • westbury, stephens green (around)
        • go ahead with ball, but have safety net as deposit
    • Vice-Chair Update:

      • common rooms rewritten - easier to read
      • pr on governance redbrick github
      • some things to fix on it
    • SysAdmin Update:

      • emails bounced

        • people might have noticed
        • only a few (1k)
        • mail not broke (for once)
        • iss deleted all alumni accounts, mailing list sent to rb emails forward to dcu (no longer exist)
        • cmt and chair owner of mailing list, sent us a bounce back
      • iss chat

        • last week
        • haven’t asked for ports yet
        • tom (greenday) saying something about tailscale/headscale
        • need to look into it
        • if we go ahead, don’t need to ask for new ports
        • could be disadvantages to it as well
        • good to have chat (iss less scary)
      • common room mailing list

        • updated with common room cmt and eng soc crc
        • use as much as possible
        • archives mail for future committees
        • events clare has been told about email
        • sysadmin in charge of common room, vice-chair will let him know about email
        • email is part of new rules
        • 1 email, no confusion
        • conor not sysadmin is in charge of common room
        • getting dishwasher and shelves in on wednesday
        • events - will fwd onto committie, waiting for sysadmin
    • Events Update:

      • hard drives

        • initial prizes for botw
        • didn’t work out
        • hdds there, will be wiped and tested
        • alternate prizes suggestioed (discord banner, stickers)
        • finding sponsors it difficult (tried some)
        • could dip into paypal for prizes (oneforall etc)
        • black friday, could look for physical prizes
        • no need for cmt to put in money for the society
        • gift card good, could look into other virtual prizes
      • d&d soc - christmas party

        • coming to christmas party?
        • vice-chair talked to d&d chair
        • can make it happen, no issue, little late notice
        • if not involved officialy, will give shout out to members
        • nubar is booked
        • ash was chill about set up
        • would be good to invite for more members
        • vice-chair, message tom to let him know we going ahead (already done)
        • pro - announces and tags, tag dcu d&d soc & dcusocietylife
        • dnd chair down to do christmas party
      • budget for xmas

        • similar to last year
        • need to check xmas budget
        • requested for 60 people attending, got 50 euro
        • platters are around 25 euro
        • plan for 3 platters, 75 euro
        • let ash know on monday
        • vice-chair on campus, can tell ash about platters, will gauge on interest
    • Treasurer Update:

      • bank

        • app finally setup
        • treasurer is a signatory now
        • chair has pin, treasurer has app
        • need both to do money things
        • bank statements ordered
        • got email saying online one issues, need chair to log in
        • hoping it’s the full thing
        • c&s not sent out cap req deadline
        • will get others done before deadline
        • hoodie money sent out over 3 installments, 1 blueblock, 2 redbrick
        • treasurer, chair still owed money
        • might use hoodie money to cover pizza
        • all recent refunds have been using hoodie money
        • let treasurer know if you need refunds
        • will verify payments this weekend
        • need to get to excel sheet
        • unless getting sponorship, not going to fosdem (no c&s funding)
        • redbrick arent spending money sending people to fosdem (no expense)
      • sistem

        • statements issued
        • can send money after logged in
      • debit card pin

        • not sure if activated
        • need to check to reset pin
        • was unavailable at the time
        • hopefuly working next week
    • Helpdesk Update:

      • next week

        • exam prep stuff
      • last week

        • github student developer pack
        • people interested in it
    • Webmaster

      • webmaster and events made changes to website
        • update gallery
        • events, committee
        • not pushed yet due to setup issues
        • will sort out after meeting
        • 11t landing page is being worked on
    • PRO Update:

      • no updates
    • GDO Update:

      • videos all done, on drive
      • posters, christmas party, exam prep
      • exam prep will do now
      • put d&d logo on it
      • send poster to vice-chair when done for d&d soc to post
    • First Year Rep Update:

      • no updates
    • Ordinary Member Update:

      • no updates
    • Common Room Committee Update:

      • shelves
        • can either collect or estates can put them in
        • happy to get crc to get 2 shelves, take old old, put in new
        • sysadmin dealing with the shelves, had spare ones
        • forward onto committee - sysadmin email - events
  • Points of Discusion:

    • committee secret santa
      • max spend of €15
      • gdo can do the email thing (few online generators to do it)
  • AOB:

    • open governance
      • will make our lives easier
      • sections are explained on the repo
      • events can run events based on step by step guides
      • figure out why stuff was used, and understand
      • git diff done each meeting, keep everything versioned
      • when people leave, their knowledge doesnt leave with them
      • similar to gitified markdown
      • could be rendered out to static site if needed
  • Action Items:

    • chair - propose chair bond theme and deposit saftey net for compsoc ball
    • sysadmin - common room rules pr to be approved when all done
    • vice-chair - let sysadmin know about common room committee email
    • events - forward shelves and dishwasher (sysadmin) email to committee
    • pro - announces and tags, tag dcu d&d soc & dcusocietylife
    • vice-chair - let ash know about platters for christmas party
    • treasurer - capitation requests to be submitted before deadline
    • all - check email for committee secret santa